How to customize the root "/" route page

Hi everyone,

I’m just getting to grips with the project code and I’m trying to work out the best way to customize the UI. I’ve followed the instructions listed here: https://strapi.io/documentation/3.0.0-beta.x/admin-panel/customization.html

The overriding files make sense to me and I’ve edited pieces of the UI and I can see the structure of the files in the node_modules/ but I can’t work out which file controls this page (pictured)

Is there a list of definitions, of files to admin pages so I can see which components create which pages? The naming conventions are good - but I’m just missing the point on this one :sweat_smile:

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 3.2.5
  • Operating System: MacOS Catalina
  • Database: Postgres 12
  • Node Version: 12.16.1
  • NPM Version: 6.14.8
  • Yarn Version: 1.22.5

I’ve noticed that you use the 3.2.5 version, but you are looking in the BETA’s version 3.0.0 documentation. Please use the current version documentation.

That particular page is not served by strapi-admin. It is served by strapi core middleware called public, you can find that page here: ./node_modules/strapi/lib/middlewares/public/index.html

To customize it, just create a new file inside: {yourApp}/public/index.html, and it will overwrite the default page served by Strapi.

Unfortunately, no :frowning: But if you have some free time, you could create your “documentation” for the strapi-admin structure and share it with the community.

1 Like

Hi @sunnyson - thanks so much for this. Exactly what I needed, where would be the best place to create this “documentation”. Something like dev.to or similar?

Cheers for correcting the documentation link too.

1 Like

For the beginning, take a look at the Strapi's community-content repository. You could also write articles on dev or medium and submit them on Github by using one of the templates.

1 Like

Hey i want help how to remove strapi welcome screen components :thinking:

1 Like

Check this documentation page out;

I think you can only find this in the search

this is about customising the default route