- Yes, but with comments
- No, but with comments
As a general reminder, this move would not impact the use of this Forum which will always be our core community platform and community “help” area. This only impacts our IRC.
Currently we are discussing internally within Strapi if we should move our community IRC (Internet Relay Chat) from Slack over to Discord but we wanted to get community feedback before we start building out that plan or move forward with it.
Please feel free to vote on the poll and if you have any comments feel free to reply with them. Negative or positive comments are welcome, please just remember to be respectful and constructive and following in line with our Code of Conduct.
As always, with love <3 from the Strapi team.
Edit to clarify some reasons (these are not all of them, and we will have a lengthy blog post about it if we move why we want to move)
The 3 biggest reasons are simply:
- 10,000 message limit in free Slack. We can’t upgrade to a paid plan as it’s per user / per month or about 88,000 Euro/month with the current number of users
- Lack of fine grained permission control to give members more advanced community management features
- Lack of moderation and community management tools / limited to 10 app integrations.
Common “No” reasons (from below and the Slack thread):
- User isn’t on any Discord communities currently => vs a number of users where Strapi is your only Slack community
- No “Multi-accounts” (Personal vs Work accounts)
- Threads (See this comment for our plans)