Where are the web server logs stored by default in Strapi 3.6.11?

So, I’m getting a 500 error when trying to login to the admin page (if I look at the browser’s console). This is probably because I changed an enum’s options to remove a duplicate entry. Now, I’d like to access the web server or strapi’s logs to understand exactly what the problem is. The info I found so far is not helpful, as it either applies to Strapi 4 or does not really provide the solution.

So, where are the web server logs stored by default in Strapi 3.6.11? Which file? Or which command I can use?

Moreover, is this behaviour expected? So, basically, I had an enum like this

{
  "kind": "collectionType",
  "collectionName": "projects",
  "info": {
    "name": "Projects",
    "description": ""
  },
  "options": {
    "increments": true,
    "timestamps": true,
    "draftAndPublish": false
  },
  "attributes": {
    "name": {
      "type": "string",
      "required": true
    },
    ... # Many other attributes
    "languages": {
      "type": "enumeration",
      "enum": [
        "DE",
        "FR",
        "IT",
        "EN",
        ... # Other entries
        "FR, IT, EN",
        "FR, IT, EN",  # I removed this
       ... # 
      ]
    }
  }
}

And I just removed the duplicate entry FR, IT, EN, so I left only 1. I did this because duplicate entries lead to errors in Strapi 4, which I’m trying to migrate to.

If I look at the languages column, these options don’t seem to be specified anywhere

It turns out the problem was not caused by the removal of the duplicate entry but because I had forgotten to set ADMIN_JWT_SECRET in production again.

Anyway, I still would need to know where I can find the web server’s logs or any logs that are produced by Strapi. This is fundamental for me to debug any issue.

If you’re using pm2 to launch the strapi app, you can find some logs under ~/.pm2/logs/.

However, this should have be written in the documentation, if not already.

Moreover, the question still remains if you’re not using pm2.